When you have one MAC hockey photo in the stock, run it into the ground — even if he's already moved onto the NHL.
Tonight’s "MAC" hockey games, as the CCHA’s swan song
kicks off ... sees its puck drop?
• 7:05 p.m.: UConn at Bowling Green
• 7:05 p.m.: Alabama-Huntsville at Western Michigan
• 7:35 p.m.: Bemidji State at Miami
Kinda neat to see all the teams start at home. Remember, after this year BGSU moves to the new-look Western Collegiate Hockey Association and Miami/WMU pack up and christen the expansion National Collegiate Hockey Conference next season.
• Akron soccer lost their first game of the year, a 3-2 overtime affair to UC-Santa Barbara. So that's disheartening. [Cleveland.com]
• Western Michigan won this year's Cartwright Award, something given to the top MAC school that exemplifies excellence in all sorts of things. [WMU Athletics]
We saw a lot of unexpected toughness out of Buffalo basketball last year. The record wasn't stunning but they did make a postseason tournament. As a result, Reggie Witherspoon received a 2-year extension. [Buffalo News]