Mark Zerof-US PRESSWIRE - Presswire
Ohio remains in the BlogPoll Top 25; Northern Illinois, Toledo, Ball State and Kent State all receiving votes from someone, somewhere
A number of teams moved up in this week's BlogPoll Top 25, as Florida, Kansas State and Notre Dame all moved up two spots and LSU - after a few weeks of sweet decline - bounded up three spots after beating South Carolina.
Among Mid-American Conference teams, the Ohio Bobcats remained in the Top 25 despite another close win on Saturday. They remain at No. 23. Northern Illinois, Toledo, Ball State and Kent State all received votes this week. More thoughts below.
- I knew West Virginia would fall but I'm not sure I expected them to drop 13 spots all the way to No. 17. But getting blown out by Texas Tech will do that to you, I suppose. Surprisingly, the Mountaineers are still ranked ahead of the Red Raiders.
- Texas Tech, TCU and Michigan all make return appearances into the top 25.
- At this point, we're just going to call the SB Nation blog One Bronco Nation Under God a great friend of Hustle Belt. He gave Ball State its lone vote this week, penciling the Cardinals in at No. 24.
- Kent State's lone vote comes courtesy of The Unbalanced Line, an Army blog.
- Northern Illinois's No. 34 ranking comes largely off the OBNUG ballot, which has the Huskies eighth in his poll, up 20 spots from last week. CougCenter, a Washington State blog, has NIU 23rd.
- Toledo pops up on two blogs, OBNUG (of course), where the Rockets are 10th and SB Nation's Purdue blog, Hammer & Rails, who has Toledo 25th.
Share your thoughts below.