Jim O'Connor-US PRESSWIRE
Golden Flashes up to No. 23 after a 9-1 start. The Kentucky loss feels like it happened a decade ago.
Hey-o, Kent State is in the BlogPoll Top 25! The Golden Flashes moved up four spots to snag the No. 23 spot in this week's poll. More following the poll.
- Kent State's highest recognition was at No. 14, courtesy of Hammer & Rails. All other votes ranged between 19 and 25. We were one of seven voters to rank the Golden Flashes 19th.
- The closeness of the four MAC teams - Kent State, Northern Illinois, Toledo and Ohio - is no longer existent. Northern Illinois is just outside the top 25 at 27, but Toledo fell all the way back to 42nd and Ohio is 44th.
- Northern Illinois is 15th on The Champaign Room's ballot and 16th in ours. That's the Huskies' two highest votes. Bull Run has them 18th.
- Toledo only appears on three ballots, one of which is ours. Dawg Sports has the Rockets 24th and Bull Run has them 25th.
- Ohio's only vote came from Black Shoes Diaries, who has the Bobcats 25th.