Andrew Weber-US PRESSWIRE
Rockets are 22nd, with Kent State (27), Northern Illinois (28) and Ohio (31) not too far behind
The votes for this week's BlogPoll Top 25 all came in before Ball State took out Toledo on Tuesday night, so Toledo's stay in the top 25 may be short-lived. But the Rockets, um, rocket into the rankings at No. 22. If this were the BlogPoll Top 31, there would be four MAC teams as Kent State (27), Northern Illinois (28) and Ohio (31) are all on the verge of a top 25 appearance.
- It looks like our dear, old friend One Bronco Nation Under God has eliminated Ball State from his top 25 as the Cardinals did not receive a vote this week. Maybe that'll change when the win over Toledo comes into the equation.
- You're so close Kent State and Northern Illinois, you really are. Kent State was on 30 ballots this week, with the highest vote at 15th courtesy of OBNUG. NIU only appears on 24 ballots but is fueled by OBNUG's ranking of No. 5. The Champaign Room has the Huskies 15th.
- Ohio only appears on 12 ballots and is ranked 16th by both Black Shoe Diaries and OBNUG.
- Toledo got the big boost this week (pre-Ball State loss) and is ranked anywhere from 18-25 on 57 ballots - with one outlier. Of course, it's OBNUG who has the Rockets 14th. As always, God bless you, sir.
- On the national scene, the biggest thing is that Oregon has leapfrogged Kansas State for the No. 2 spot. Texas, Toledo, Rutgers and Northwestern are newcomers to this week's BlogPoll. Stay for the football, leave for the tears.