Let's not waste any time here on a preamble. The BlogPoll ballots are now up and running for the preseason poll - and I just want to note I was the third person out of all the SB Nation voters to complete their ballot. GOOD HUSTLE BY YOU, PHIL.
I'll be here in this space every week providing what is surely to be a most excellent poll.
In the last BlogPoll I filled out back in January, Andy Hutchins called me out for being boring; I prefer to look at it as being the most accurate. It's all in how we want to spin it.
Some notes in this poll:
- This ballot did not differ too much from the one I submitted back in Januray, to be quite honest.
- I flip-flopped Oregon over USC (just a gut feeling the Ducks are going to win the PAC-12 this year).
- I took Stanford out of the top-25 and replaced them with Utah.
- I also dropped LSU from 2 to 4, bumping Oregon and USC to 2 and 3, respectively. Count me in as one who doesn't believe the rhetoric that the Tyrann Mathieu departure doesn't hurt the Tigers. Plus I'm not convinced about Zach Mettenberg either. But all that's only worth two a drop of two spots.
- I dropped Clemson from 11th to 15th because it's Clemson. Unrelated: still really like Georgia. If there's a team I'd bet money on to win the national title because of the odds and the schedule, it's the Bulldogs - even without Isaiah Crowell.
- Slid Wisconsin up a few spots to 10th.
- I still believe in Vanderbilt as the sleeper.