The shifts in our BlogPoll ballot this week aren't anywhere near as drastic as last week - the leaps and falls are expected: Stanford, Notre Dame and Florida shoot up while USC, Michigan State and Virginia Tech fell significantly.
A few quick hitters:
- I'm much more confident about my poll this week than I was last week. Ohio stays at No. 25.
- No surprise that Virginia Tech, Arkansas and Tennessee both took sharp falls after their losses. Virginia Tech may have been overrated from the get-go, Arkansas is lost with Tyler Wilson (and evidently, Bobby Petrino) and Tennessee was humiliated in the second half by Florida.
- Florida goes from unranked to 15th. This Florida team is crazy - even if it wins next week, the Gators may fall out of the top-25 regardless. It's a roller coaster with them.
- Notre Dame has moved up from 20th to 12th and the Irish have earned it so far. As has Stanford, all the way to 10th after dominating USC. Pretty impressive performances.
- I know Kansas State didn't lose, but the performances of other teams warranted a drop for the Wildcats.