So before I dive into my recording of the Illinois-WMU game, I'm going to give you your results to see who has the upper hand going forward. How important was it to have a good week? Well of last year's top 5 finishers, all either tied for the lead or finished 1 point behind on the week. Intense stuff.
No one went perfect, but by going 11-1 this week, your Week 1 Champ is.................OHBcats.
Here's how the week shaped out.
|Brown and Gold||12|
REMEMBER, you do not get the bonus points if you don't detail your picks. Case in point: rovitz could've tied for the win but had no backing.
ALSO!!!!!! We are implementing the Google Docs picking next week, therefore I need your PINs. You can either email me them (see the bottom of the page) or shoot me a direct message on twitter (@broncofitz). You could also comment below with them, but someone could possibly troll your picks. Completely up to you!
Below we'll go game by game and see how the group picked.
- The following list of games were all unanimously picked correctly:
- 9 people of 15 got the Ball State-Eastern Michigan game correct. 6 people (including me) missed out on the first MAC game, which are always worth a base value of 2 points.
- UConn dominated UMass, yet one person went rogue and picked the Midshipmen to win: Matt Sussman. While his detail behind the game might have hinted otherwise, I have to go what's on paper (or screen. Shut up)
- That same person went rogue with the BGSU-Florida game. Went for style points and failed.
- Arizona-Toledo went right for 2/3 of our pickers. 10 people correctly predicted the lone OT game of the week.
- 3 people missed out on both the NIU-Iowa and WMU-Illinois games (not together, just individually).
- And the big one: the game of the week. Only FIVE people correctly picked the upset of Ohio over Penn State, but they are sitting pretty with the double point value of the game.