There are some wild swings in our BlogPoll ballot this week. There's an easy case to be made that ranking teams this early in the season does more harm than good; my very ballot showcases that.
Since we are a Mid-American Conference blog, one league school makes a leap into our top 25; we extend a hand to the conference located in the same geographic area; and one team drops four spots despite winning by 35 points.
A few thoughts this week:
- WELCOME TO THE TOP 25 OHIO! We'll see if they make the overall BlogPoll Top 25 - the Bobcats were 26th last week.
- Flip-flopped LSU and USC. It probably should've been that way to begin with and there's also a case to be made that Oregon should be number four. For the time being, I like where it's at.
- I know some of the other blogs have significantly downgraded the Big 10 teams. Since we share the same space in the good ol' U-S-of-A, we here at Hustle Belt will dish out an assist. Michigan State moves up three spots to No. 8 and Ohio State moves up three spots also to No. 14. After keeping Michigan in our top 25 after last week, we do the same this week, dropping them a singular spot after the close call with Air Force. And the biggest stretch, we drop Nebraska six spots to No. 24 after losing to UCLA, but still keep them in the top-25.
- Texas could come back into the fold, but dropping Utah is self-explanatory following the loss to Utah State, and then we also throw caution flags at Oklahoma State after the shellacking it received from Arizona. We took the Cowboys out entirely this week, but left Arkansas!?!? I know, I know. As I said, it's still early.
- A note on Virginia Tech. This was a case where I think I rated them too high last week and am now trying to adjust them back to the mean. It's a flip of the coin whether to move as many teams ahead of them as I did, and I'm probably the only one that was thoroughly impressed by Kansas State's domination.
- Share your thoughts in the comments!