The Toledo Rockets may be without one of their top weapons this weekend when they travel down I-75 to play Bowling Green. Saturday.
Toledo coach Matt Campbell told reporters in today's media day press conference that senior RB David Fluellen suffered a back injury in the fourth quarter of Saturday's win over Navy. He wouldn't comment on the severity of the injury, but did acknowledge there was no structural damage done to Fluellen's back and said that his availability for this weekend's renewal of the rivalry is up in the air.
Fluellen's stats this year have been phenomenal: 1,006 yards and 10 rushing TDs, good enough for third in the nation in both categories. The good news is that the guys behind him have skill as well: Kareem Hunt had a breakout game on Saturday with 127 yards rushing on 15 carries and 2 scores. Damion Jones-Moore can carry the rock as well, he has 3 scores on the season on 22 carries and 121 yards.
Equally as devastating: LB Trent Voss is done for the season with a broken arm. He underwent surgery on Sunday. Voss has 1 sack and 1 pick-6 on the season.
More from Hustle Belt:
- Ohio Bobcats Unveil New White 'Brick' Uniforms For Battle of the Bricks Rivalry Game
- BCS Rankings Week 9: Northern Illinois Ranked No. 18 In First BCS Rankings of 2013
- MAC Football Week 9 TV Schedule: When and How To Watch
- 2013 Bowl Projections Week 9: Northern Illinois No Longer Projected To Crash the BCS
- MAC Football Scores and Standings Roundup: Week 8