Central Michigan has added a pair of home games to its non-conference schedules over the next few seasons, rounding out its 2014 non-conference schedule at the same time.
Wednesday, the Chippewas announced the addition of a pair of home-and-home series set to begin in 2014 and 2015 respectively. CMU welcomes Syracuse to Kelly/Shorts stadium in 2014 before returning the favor with a trip to New York in the fall of 2015. The Chips also added a series with Oklahoma State that has the Cowboys coming to Mt. Pleasant, Mich., in 2015, and has the Cowboys playing host to CMU in 2016.
"I believe that these schedules follow through with our desire to secure a strong home slate for our supporters and football program," CMU Director of Athletics Dave Heeke told MLive.com.
The addition of Syracuse to the 2014 schedule means CMU will play host to the Chattanooga Mocs on Thursday, Aug. 26, take a road trip to Purdue on Saturday, Sept. 6, host the Orange on Saturday, Sept. 13 and head back out on the road to face Kansas on Saturday, Sept. 20 for its non-conference slate next year.
In 2015 the Chippewas open their season at home against Oklahoma State on Thursday, Sept. 3, take on an undecided FCS team at home the next week, and then have back-to-back road games at Syracuse and at Michigan State.
More from Hustle Belt:
- Central Michigan Chippewas 2013-2014 Men's Basketball Season Preview
- Miami (Ohio) at Ohio Preview: Things Could Get Scary For the RedHawks On This Halloween Edition of the Battle of the Bricks
- College Basketball Rankings: Akron, Toledo Named To Preseason Mid-Major Top 25
- MAC Basketball Top 25 - #15 Kris Brewer, Kent State Guard
- Details Emerge In Demarius Reed Homicide Investigation