In news that was relatively unnoticed until this morning, the Toledo Rockets announced yesterday that they will be wearing "Power in Pink" uniforms for tonight's critical MAC West showdown with the Northern Illinois Huskies.
The primary elements are the helmets and gloves. The helmet shell will be Toledo's shade of blue with a pink ribbon as a helmet decal. The helmet bumper will be pink, with "Power in Pink" emblazoned on the back. The face masks will also be pink and appear to have miniature pink ribbon images scattered across it.
The gloves are also a mix of Toledo's blue and pink. There is also an "MD" decal on the back in honor of former Toledo and Northern Illinois coach Mike Dunbar. The full uniform will be unveiled today.
So, what do you think? Is it appropriate that Toledo waited several weeks past the end of "Pink-tober" to wear these...and what if they waited specifically to sport them for a national television game? Also, is it good that they combined the pink tribute with the tribute to Coach Dunbar?
And what of the uniforms themselves? Are they visually pleasing, or do they make you want to take a sledgehammer to your television? Let us know.
More from Hustle Belt:
- No. 16 Northern Illinois vs. Toledo: A MAC West Showdown In Northwest Ohio
- Northern Illinois vs. Toledo: A Pregame Q&A With Not Matt Campbell
- Toledo vs NIU: How to Drink
- Northern Illinois-Toledo Series… Rivalry… Thing…
- How To Watch No. 16 Northern Illinois vs. Toledo: Gametime, TV, Radio, Streaming, Preview