So far, so good. The Malt Madness is real and we're already finished with the first round of our craft beer bracket. Get your red pens and highlighters ready, it's time to see how well your brackets did through the first round.
Round 1 Winners (upsets will have an asterisk* next to them):
(1) Bell's Oberon (79%) beats Maumee's Glass City.
(8) Ballast Point's Sculpin IPA (55%) beats Stone's RuinTen IPA.
(5) Great Lakes' Christmas Ale (79%) beats Jackie O's Razz Wheat.
(4) Stone IPA (56%) beats Dogfish Head's 75 Minute IPA.
(6) Bell's Porter (70%) beats Arcadia's Whitsun Ale.
* (14) Founder's Kentucky Breakfast Stound (61%) beats Indigo Imp's Blonde Bombshell.
* (10) Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ale (62%) beats Dortmunder Gold.
(2) Jackie O's Chomolungma (58%) beats Left Coast's Great White.
Hmm, only two upsets in this one, but they weren't landslides. Let's take a look at how the next region fared, shall we?
(1) Bell's Two Hearted (91%) beats The Lost Abbey's Cable Car.
* (9) North Coast's Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout (60%) beats Jackie O's Dark Apparition.
(5) Dogfish Head's 90 Minute IPA (71%) beats Arbor's Ypsi Gypsi.
(4) Left Hand's Milk Stout Nitro (69%) beats Short's The Soft Parade.
(6) Founder's Red's Rye IPA (64%) beats Lagunitas Sucks Brown Shugga Substitute Ale.
(3) Stone's Dirty Blonde (73%) beats Great Lakes' Holy Moses.
(7) Bell's Hopslam Ale (79%) beats Arbor's Jackhammer.
(2) Great Lakes' Edmund Fitzgerald (83%) beats MadTree's PsycHOPathy.
Again, straight chalk for the most part. 9-seeds over 8-seeds aren't the sexiest of upsets to note, but they won fair and square. Time to move onto the other side of the bracket. EAST SIDE!
(1) Fat Tire Amber Ale (71%) beats Sweetwater's 420 Extra Pale Ale.
(8) Jackie O's Oil of Aphrodite (55%) beats Revolution's Anti-Hero.
(5) Founder's Porter (66%) beats Jackie O's Dark Apparition- Bourbon Barrel Aged.
(4) Great Lakes' Commodore Perry (73%) beats Atwater's Decadent Dark Chocolate Ale.
* (11) Dark Horse's Bourbon Barrel Aged Plead the 5th (53%) beats Jackie O's Hop Ryot IPA.
(3) Stone's Arrogant Bastard Ale (74%) beats Surly's Furious IPA.
* (10) Mt. Pleasant's Crazy Train Black Ale (65%) beats Dark Horse's Raspberry Ale.
(2) Jackie O's Mystica Mama IPA (61%) beats New Holland's The Poet
Look at that Plead the 5th/Hop Ryot matchup! Not much breathing room for them, but the Dark Horse brew advances, and so shall we! Onto the last region of the bracket before we start voting again; excelsior!
(1) Founder's Breakfast Stout (78%) beats Green Flash's Hop Head Red Ale.
* (9) Dogfish Head's 60 Minute IPA (57%) beats Short's Huma-Lupa-Licious IPA.
(5) Stone's Enjoy By IPA (64%) beats Mt. Carmel's Stout
(4) Founder's Dirty Bastard Ale (78%) beats Christian Moerlein's Over-The-Rhine Ale.
(6) New Holland's Dragon's Milk Bourbon Barrel Stout (60%) beats Firestone's Union Jack IPA.
(3) Great Lakes' Burning River Pale Ale (88%) beats Country Boy's Jalapeno Smoke Porter.
* (10) Bell's Expedition beats new Belgium's Ranger IPA.
(2) Jackie O's Firefly Amber Ale (79%) beats Bootlegger's Knuckle Sandwich IPA.
So there you have it, folks. Now that you've got your winners for Round One, it's onto the next one! If you're upset that your bracket is already ruined (thanks, Mercer), I know the perfect remedy for you: DRINK! And be sure to try out some of the 32 remaining beers that you haven't already had before. No need to get too crazy and buck wild over these (but if you do, call a cab), you can always just get a sampler of some beers from a bar near you that has some of these on tap for you.
Okay, less reading, more voting! Again, you can vote as many times as you want, just remember that you have until Thursday, April 10 at 9pm to do so. And you must have an SB Nation account and be a member of Hustle Belt to join in on all of the fun, but you've joined months ago, so that's not a problem.
Brad Paisley - Alcohol (via BRADPAISLEYVEVO)