We've recently expanded our coverage of MAC football and basketball recruiting, and now we're looking for an intern to join our team.
This un-paid internship would ideally run from the beginning of July through the end of December, though start/end times are flexible. Being that we're a website this internship would obviously be a remote one, and wouldn't feature a set shift, but would require an average of 20 hours of work each week.
The ideal candidate:
- Possesses a working knowledge of how college football/basketball recruiting works
- Has an understanding of the Mid-American Conference
- Is fluent in the use of social media as a reporting tool
- Is self-driven, motivated and able to stay on top of a complex, revolving topic
- Is able to write clean, concise and interesting content on deadline
- Working directly with the recruiting editor and the recruiting team to coordinate recruiting news coverage
- Developing contacts within the programs we cover
- Interviewing athletes for written stories on commitments, offers, etc.
- Assisting in running the @MAC_Crootin Twitter account