For Jordan Lynch and Diesel's (the high-fiving huskie mascot, who is retiring after nine seasons) last game at Huskie Stadium, the school has upgraded its traditional look.
We had reported earlier this year that NIU might be getting these new charcoal uniforms for the WMU game, and we were half right. NIU did get new uniforms, just a different look from what we thought it would.
Thanks to Adidas, the Huskie's will be wearing what they call their "Dark Dog" look. It is an all charcoal uniform with silver numbers featuring red outlines. On the back it forgoes the names of players, simply saying "The Hard Way", NIU's motto for the past five years.
The black (not matte) helmet features the Huskie head logo outlined in silver instead of white and has placed the "NIU" in a new spot. The look also comes with new undershirts (prominently featuring the Huskie logo) and new gloves as well.
But words aren't enough to describe the look, so watch the video of the release.
More from Hustle Belt:
- The Northern Illinois Huskies Are Rewriting History 1 Win At A Time
- Diesel, Northern Illinois Husky Dog, Is Retiring After 9 Seasons
- Western Michigan vs. No 14. Northern Illinois Preview: The Huskies Look to Win Their 26th Straight at Home
- How To Watch WMU vs. No. 14: Gametime, TV, Radio, Streaming, Preview
- Mid-Major College Football Top 10 Poll, Week 14: Fresno, NIU Still 1 and 2