Is Ohio even the best team in the Mid-American Conference? That seems to be the Question of the Week. This week's BlogPoll Top 25 has the Bobcats at No. 20, up three spots from last week's No. 23 ranking. But two other schools, Toledo (28) and Northern Illinois (30) are knocking at the door.
More following the poll.
Results for Week 8
SB Nation BlogPoll College Football Rankings 2011
- Ohio is the only MAC team to receive votes in every single week of the BlogPoll Top 25. The Bobcats' highest spot in any voter's ballot comes from Cowboy Altitude, which has the Bobcats eighth. Black Shoe Diaries has them ninth, Hammer & Rails and Bearcats Blog has them 10th and Men of the Scarlet and Gray has them 11th. So yeah, they've got some supporters nationwide, no matter the weird criteria some of the voters may have used.
- Toledo pops up on the ballots of 27 voters, with a high mark of No. 14 by One Bronco Nation Under God. Hammer & Rails has them 17th, Dawg Sports 19th and Cowboy Altitude 20th.
- Northern Illinois peaks at No. 9 in OBNUG's ballot, and is 17th in CougCenter's. The Huskies appear on either other ballots as well.
- Kent State is 24th on two ballots - Hammer & Rails and The Unbalanced Line.
- Ball State receives one vote this week, courtesy of OBNUG.
That's a lot of #MACtion. This could come from a combination of things: perhaps all those mid-week games are starting to pay off for national attention, along with the fact that there are just a lot of talented teams in the conference. Offensively, I cannot recall a time when the league was this deep with offensive firepower. Let's just sit back and enjoy it.