When Ohio welcomes Miami into Peden Stadium for the 90th installment in the Battle of the Bricks Saturday, the 'Cats will be dressed in brand new uniforms inspired by the rivalry's name.
The Bobcats unveiled the uniforms the team will be wearing for Saturday's "Ghost Out" in a video Monday afternoon, and no one can fault them for a lack of creativity. The uniforms sport a white theme throughout. White helmets with the block "Ohio" on the sides, and parallel green stripes running down the middle are complemented by white pants with thin green strips running down the sides, and white gloves.
A white out in Peden for the Battle of the Bricks vs Miami this Saturday! #ohiou pic.twitter.com/whHaMYXAJ3— OHIO Bobcats EQ (@OHIOBobcatsFBEQ) October 21, 2013
But the crown jewel of these uniforms is most definitely the jerseys. The white Russell Athletic jerseys' numbers have a green brick motif no doubt inspired by the red bricks that have given the rivalry its name.
If the RedHawks' show up wearing their new uniforms this game would certainly be one of the more vissually intriguing installments in this 105-year-old rivalry.
KEEP UP WITH ALL OF OUR MAC COVERAGE
More from Hustle Belt:
- BCS Rankings Week 9: Northern Illinois Ranked No. 18 In First BCS Rankings of 2013
- Toledo RB David Fluellen Status Questionable For Saturday Against Bowling Green
- MAC Football Week 9 TV Schedule: When and How To Watch
- 2013 Bowl Projections Week 9: Northern Illinois No Longer Projected To Crash the BCS
- MAC Football Scores and Standings Roundup: Week 8