There wasn't much to talk about for the UMass Minutemen this week. Derek Kellogg's bunch slipped by Miami at home thanks to solid efforts from Chaz Williams and Maxie Esho. That effort alone was enough to lift UMass in the polls, however, as they benefitted from some other teams' misfortune and rise to No. 19 in both the AP Top 25 and USA TODAY/Coaches Polls.
In the AP Top 25, North Carolina and UConn fell out of the poll while Memphis took a few steps back from No. 18 to No. 24. Those teams represent the difference between UMass being No. 22 -- again -- and the No. 19 spot they hold this week.
UMass again benefitted from UConn, Memphis and UNC's weak weeks to jump up in the USA TODAY/Coaches Poll as well. They also leapfrogged Kansas, who came in at No. 20 after being No. 17 last week.
- Hustle Belt's MAC Women's Basketball Players of The Week: Week 8
- Hustle Belt's MAC Men's Basketball Player's of the Week: Week 8
- Blocked! Ball State Loses Dramatic GoDaddy Bowl To Arkansas State
- Akron's Men's Soccer Coach Jared Embick Named All-Ohio Coach of the Year
- MAC Women's Basketball Power Rankings: Week 9