- Recently hired Ball State head coach Mike Neu's plan is to "Get better every day." Some quotes from his introductory press conference, which was on Saturday January 9, can be found on News-Sentinal.com.
- Former Akron Zips point guard Alex Abreu was arrested on a felony marijuana trafficking charge nearly three years ago and never played at Akron again. He has since started a better life back in Bayamon, Puerto Rico, as ESPN's Myron Medcalf recently caught up with him.
- Speaking of Abreu, for the first time since he was running the offense during a 19-game winning streak in 2013, the Zips received a vote in the AP Poll. John Feinstein has Akron at no. 25 on his ballot, making them the no. 36 team in the nation as of January 11.
- Kent State junior left handed pitcher Eric Lauer was named a Preseason Second Team All-American by Perfect Game.
- Ohio men's basketball takes on Kent State on the road this Saturday, but when the Bobcats host the Flashes at the end of the month, it will be on ESPNU.
KSU at Ohio was set for a Sat, 2 pm start. Now it will be on ESPNU and on Friday at 9 pm. pic.twitter.com/Tx0MSQgzYv— Jason Arkley (@JasonAmessenger) January 10, 2016
- Saul Phillips wants YOU to go to Ohio's home game against Bowling Green tonight. The Bobcats' head coach went into Ohio's dining hall to ask students to attend. Here's some sMACk talk to get you hyped for the game.
- There's a full slate of MAC hoops tonight, with five of the six games being streamed on ESPN3.
- Another MAC football player is leaving early for the NFL draft. Bowling Green's Roger Lewis declared yesterday evening. This move comes after Western Michigan receiver Daniel Braverman declared back on December 30.