- Akron is running the #MACKsetball world right now, with broadcast networks shifting their schedules around so that they can gain a nationwide audience for their January 12th game vs. CMU, which was ultimately a Zips loss. Zips fans probably love the extra exposure, and CMU fans were probably relieved to finally be on TV after a weird season thus far.
- Speaking of a weird season for CMU, Braylon Rayson, mercurial starting shooting guard for the Chippewas, laid down the quote of the year in an interview with CM Life's Taylor DesOrmeau.
- On the other side of the national exposure spectrum, Northern Illinois fans aren't very happy right now with MAC basketball schedulers after the conference moved a key basketball game back a day, forcing NIU to reschedule their Spring Homecoming game. Uh oh.
- Things are looking bad for former Central Michigan great Antonio Brown, as reports are indicating that he may be out of Sunday's Divisional game against Denver with a concussion sustained in the closing minutes of the Wild Card game against Cincinnati. Former Miami quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is day to day with a strained MC joint and injured throwing shoulder.
- Eastern Michigan and Kent State are among the Top 20 teams in the country in women's gymnastics, with four more teams ranking in the top 50. (Go take your family or friends to a meet one day. They're hella fun.) In other MAC non-revenue sports, wrestling is now in full swing, with three MAC teams ranked Top 25, including Central Michigan, Ohio, and Mizzou. Fellow MAC members Old Dominion, EMU, and Kent State are just outside the top 25.
- Not one, but two MAC basketball players tied all-time NCAA records in shooting percentage this week, with Eastern Michigan's James Thompson IV (26-26) and Central Michigan's Tinara Moore (16-16) matching their sports' previous percentage. Cool.
- Its always cool to see a person's dreams of getting drafted into a pro league come true. Just ask Akron's Richie Lareya, the newest member of the MLS' Orlando City SC! Congrats, buddy!
We all know about Antonio Brown and Ben Roethlisberger nearly getting killed on national TV on Saturday. But let me tell ya about some other cool stuff!