- The MAC basketball picture is getting a bit more clear as we reach game 7 for all teams involved. As of now, the league is still showing great parity, as no one team has exactly ran away with the league yet. One team that's going to have to depend on a big run? The Miami RedHawks, who were throttled at the hands of Central Michigan to fall to 0-7. The loss snaps a 14-game home win streak Miami held over CMU that spanned 9,099 days (!!!!!!!)
- At least a couple things are going right for the RedHawks off the hardwood. After a flurry of commits and good recruiting news, the #1 cornerback prospect of 2014 is transferring to the RedHawk football squad as a graduate. We teased you about it in the last MORNING DUMP, but here's our full interview with Tee Shepard, the now former Ole Miss Rebel.
- Related: The NCAA is proposing an early signing period as soon as the Class of 2016. Our fellow SB Nation writer Bud Elliot did an excellent job covering the pros and cons of such a proposal that you should check out.
- Back to basketball for a second: Remember that wild Ball State-EMU finish in 2OT that caused a lot of controversy a couple days ago? Well, if you've been living under a rock the last couple days, the MAC has suspended two of the officials involved in the game, meaning they can't officiate in the tournaments in Cleveland. #MACrefs, man. BSU is currently at 4-3 in the MAC West, while EMU is 2-5.
- Joe Lunardi still has the Northern Illinois Huskies as a 15-seed in the South Region for the NCAA Tournament as the conference's sole representative. In this hypothetical matchup, they face Xavier.
- Crystal Bradford, the beloved Central Michigan forward who is currently playing in the WNBA with the Los Angeles Sparks, wants her number retired. She made the remark during a halftime ceremony at McGuirk Arena honoring some former players. Bradford holds four all-time marks at CMU, ranking in the top 5 in two other major statistical categories, so it could certainly be a thing that happens.
- Finally, in some good ol' fashioned #SWAGtion news, Eastern Michigan baseball showed off these fantastic baseball caps that you will want in your collection yesterday night.
New promo hats are in and they are beautiful. #EMUBats pic.twitter.com/lB0iKFrTAf— Derrick Vergolini (@derrickvergo) January 24, 2016