MAC news that's not completely about sports. Deal with it:
- Ball State University is overrun with the televisions you threw out when you upgraded to that sweet, slick new flat panel.
- Celebrate Ypsilanti culture! An Eastern Michigan University graduate put his degree to work with this mural commissioned for the side of Ypsilanti City Hall.
- The cost of attending Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo just got more expensive. Broncos will see a 4.2% increase in tuition, $464 for full-time in state freshmen and sophomores.
- The state budget crisis in Illinois has lead to a downgraded credit rating for seven state universities, including Northern Illinois.
- Ohio Bobcats legend D.J. Cooper will suit up for the Washington Wizards at the NBA's Las Vegas Summer League this weekend.
- A University of Akron police officer overcame ulcerative colitis, a disease of the colon, to win a gold and silver medal at the 2016 U.S. Police and Fire Championships in San Diego. Darrell Claytor will represent Team USA at the World Police and Fire Games in Toronto next year.
- Former University of Toledo football star Bruce Gradkowski opened a restaurant near his alma mater in 2013. Gradkowski's offers a "pork donut." Check out this review.