The Buffalo Bulls have started the season 7-3 while the Syracuse Orange are sitting at 9-1. Along with being in-state rivals, this is a big game for the Bulls with regards to RPI rankings. Currently, the Bulls are sitting at 65. The Orange are ranked 12th. A win here and that would bump them up near the NCAA bubble.
- When: December 19th, 7p.m.
- Where: Carrier Dome, Syracuse, New York
- Watch: ACC Network
- Stream: WatchESPN App, providing cable provider participation
- Listen: ESPN 1520-AM WWKB/TuneIn App
- Line: Syracuse -10
Players to Watch
- C.J. Massinburg, Buffalo: The 6’3 guard is averaging 20 points and 7.8 rebounds per game on the season.
- Ikenna Smart, Buffalo: Made his season debut in the last game and scored 12.
- Tyus Battle, Syracuse: Averaging 21.5 points per game on the season on the season.
- Oshae Brissett, Syracuse: The 6’8 freshman is averaging 14.7 points and 9.7 rebounds on the season.
Buffalo is shooting 34.8% from beyond the arch and are hitting nearly 10 treys per game. Against a zone team like the Orange, hitting from outside is usually the key to the game. Plus the Bulls have the ability to get out and run. A zone isn’t effective if it can’t set up. The 10 point line is pretty fair, but a hot shooting Bulls squad could certainly pull off the upset. Of course, a cold shooting Bulls squad could get blown out of the gym.