Another day, another list of candidates for the Hustle Belt Hall of Fame.
Here’s how the Hall of Fame works, in case you’re joining us a little late:
- Some info and the schedule for the Hall of Fame can be found here.
- Nominations are solicited from the community via a post just like this one for each of our MAC programs.
- After all MAC programs’ nominations, no more than 10 nominees are put forward for each school and a poll is created.
The top two vote getters in each school’s poll is inducted into the Hustle Hall of Fame. Simple.
Mt. Pleasant has produced quite a variety of names and faces associated with the Mid-American Conferences both on and off the field. Central Michigan’s storied history as a collegiate program is a pretty good one for a mid-major. They claim a national championship at the Division II level and two runner-up finishes in football, have multiple sports in which they are consistently ranked or close to it (including gymnastics and wrestling) and have been a reliable member of the MAC since 1971.
CMU is also one of a handful of programs to never have a major violation on its record as an athletic department, which makes it one of the more respected in the country.
When initially compiling the list, I had over 30 names under consideration. Even still, there were a lot of names I had left out of the running. Parsing it down to the remaining list was quite hard, but dang it, we’ll make it work somehow.
Without further ado: the list.
- Antonio Brown, football
- Dan LeFevour, football
- Eric Fisher, football
- Brian Pruitt, football
- Dan Majerle, men’s basketball, current coach at Grand Canyon University
- Dan Roundfield, men’s basketball
- Marcus Keene, men’s basketball
- Crystal Bradford, women’s basketball
- John Rollins, wrestling
- Howard Elzinga, four sport athlete (baseball, basketball, football and track)
- Dick Kackmeister, football and men’s basketball
This list was the best we could muster, but of course, we’re always looking to hear from you, the fans! Be sure to submit any names we might have missed out on in the comments section or in our Twitter mentions!
Come fan with us, Chips!