And, in this week’s poll, both BG’s Grant Loy and NIU’s Tre Harbison were neck and neck in the voting.
However, it was Harbison’s huge second half that proppelled the Huskies to victory and netted him player of the week.
Hey Belters! Time to vote for Week 7 POTW!— Hustle BOO-lt (@HustleBelt) October 17, 2019
* BG QB Grant Loy: 14-of-21, 185 pass yards, TD; 137 rush yards, TD
* NIU RB Tre Harbsion: 25 rush, 113 yards, 3 second-half TDs
* Kent K Matt Trickett: 4-of-4 FG (36, 42, 43, 45 yards)
* WMU LB Drake Spears: 7 tackles, 1 INT, return TD
Harbison sliced through the Bobcat defense, especially in the second half, tallying 113 yards on his 25 carries and scoring three touchdowns in the final 30 minutes of play.
Harbison got the Huskies on the board early in the third quarter after Marcus Childers’ 70-yard scamper set the Huskies up at the Bobcat 7-yard line. Two plays after that, Tre would power his way four yards for the first Huskie TD of the second half.
On their very next possession, he pushed his way in from a yard out to give NIU a 22-21 lead late in the third quarter.
Then, with just over five minutes remaining, Harbison would once again put the Huskies ahead with his third and final touchdown, a three yard run that gave NIU a 36-29 lead.
It was his second consecutive week scoring multiple touchdowns and hitting the triple-digit mark on the ground, as he exploded against Ball State for 146 yards and two TDs the previous week. He now has 483 yards and five touchdowns on the season.
The 2019 Hustle Belt Player of the Week Award List
- Week 1: Jon Wassink, QB, WMU (20-of-25, 368 yards, five touchdowns vs. Monmouth)
- Week 2: Drew Plitt, QB, Ball State (32-of-40, 439 yards, six touchdowns vs. Fordham)
- Week 3: Mike Glass III, QB, EMU (23-of-36, 316 yards, three touchdowns vs. Illinois)
- Week 4: Bryant Koback, RB, Toledo (20 touches, 236 yards, four total touchdowns vs. Colorado State)
- Week 5: Mike Brown, DB, Miami (six total tackles [1 solo, 5 assisted], two interceptions, 25-yard pick-six vs. Buffalo)
- Week 6: Jonathan Ward, RB, CMU (15 touches, 205 total yards, three total touchdowns vs. EMU)
- Week 7: Tre Harbison, RB, NIU (25 touches, 113 total yards, three second half touchdowns vs. Ohio)