There wasn’t a lot to be happy about in Week 2 across the MAC, but one of the few bright spots was the performance of a number of MAC prospects.
We asked you to vote for the performance of the week, and after much deliberation, the winner was Ball State quarterback Drew Plitt.
Our Week 2 POTW voting is now open! Who will wear the Belt?— Hustle Belt (@HustleBelt) September 10, 2019
* Dustin Burkhart: 8 rec., 217 yards
* Matt Trickett: 4-of-4 on field goals, including game-winning OT field goal
* Drew Plitt: 32-of-40, 439 yards, 6 TDs
* Joey Banks: 11 tackles, 1 forced fumble, 1 sack
Plitt had about as good of a day as you could ask for against the Fordham Rams, tying Keith Wenning’s program record for touchdowns in a game (6) and placing him tied for fifth all-time in the conference.
Plitt also notched career-highs in completions (32) and yards (439,) while completing 80 percent of his throws. His mark in passing yards placed fifth all-time in program history. Plitt’s performance helped propel the Cardinals to a 57-29 victory over Fordham, putting the Cards at 1-1 after a close neutral-site game loss to Indiana in Week 1.
Plitt becomes the second MAC West quarterback to pick up HB POTW honors, after Jon Wassink picked up the award in Week 1 for a five-touchdown performance against Monmouth.
The 2019 Hustle Belt Player of the Week Award List
- Week 1: Jon Wassink, QB, WMU (20-of-25, 368 yards, five touchdowns vs. Monmouth)
- Week 2: Drew Plitt, QB, Ball State (32-of-40, 439 yards, six touchdowns vs. Fordham)