Welcome back to the Internet’s only playlist that puts the Mid-American Conference in aural form!
This week, we didn’t go in with a set theme, but after several user submissions, we finally came up with the perfect playlist: “Hard Feelings”! There’s plenty of animosity in the games coming up this week, including an in-conference rivalry trophy game and the return of some old faces fans are less than excited to see.
Here’s the playlist first, and then we’ll get to the submissions:
(If the embed doesn’t work, click this link.)
Here’s what you, the readers, submitted!
PITBULL ft. Kesha! 'Timber' because...it's going down! in the 305 (Pitbull's hometown) between CMU and Miami in the DAN ENOS REVENGE BOWL!https://t.co/NuQEiv4tVJ— MAC Insider Meghan McCain (@HotSprots) September 20, 2019
Ya got me there, MAC Insider Meghan McCain.
I don't really have a dog in this hunt but for Coach Enos:— Kenneth Bailey (@michexposures) September 20, 2019
I don't care about you - Fear
Let's Have a War - Also Fear
I love “Let’s Have A War” and it fits perfectly with the rest of the playlist. (Side note: You’re gonna notice a lot of Enos references today.)
How about some Heart and Soul in honor of Mr Enos.. https://t.co/PMnUsGCzDr— Fresnorana (@Fresnorana) September 20, 2019
In case you missed it, Dan Enos said he put his “heart and soul” in to CMU with no support back from the school and administration. So really, this is a perfectly appropriate entry.
“F*** You” by Cee-lo dedicated to Dan Enos. Not that we’re still bitter.— Classic McDavid (@henchman21) September 20, 2019
Can’t really say it much better than that, honestly.
Rockets going across the country. You're Gonna Go Far, Kid - The Offspring— Kurtis Winzenried (@KurtWinz) September 21, 2019
The Rockets have a bit of history with playing teams out West at crazy times, often resulting in some crazy games. They’re definitely gonna dance with Colorado State.
ROCKin' Into the night- 38 Special— I hate Orange (@DanSavage_live) September 21, 2019
on ESPN2 at 10:15
Speaking of crazy times for West-based games, Toledo plays at 10:15 p.m. Eastern time. MADNESS!
Tony Molina - Don't Come Back (UMass)— spartypants (@WACspartypants) September 20, 2019
I mean, that’s like, your opinion man.
Now, for staff picks! This week, it’s just me at the jukebox controls, so here we go!
- “Sober II (Melodrama)” by Lorde: For Buffalo, who faces the coach that prevented them from winning a MAC Championship last season. There is certain to be pitched emotions and drama in what’s already a regional rivalry.
- “Hungry Like The Wolf (Recorded Live at AIR Studios, London)” by Muse: For Ball State, who travels doe to Raleigh, North Carolina, hungry to prove they’re a contender in the MAC West.
- “The Bigger They Are The Harder They Fall” by Machinae Supremacy: For Miami, who after talking crap about Ohio State being the priviliged kid at recess, suddenly finds themselves in even more of an underdog role than maybe they were ready for. But it’s an in-state rivalry, and those athletes will be AMPED.
- “So Long” by YoungBoy Never Broke Again, NLE Choppa, Yung Bleu, Jay Da Youngman: For Ohio, who will be looking to dispatch of the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns and prove the preseason media right after a slow start.
- “Orange Crush” by CJ Young: For WMU, who will face Syracuse at The Dome. They seek the MAC’s second #FlyTheFlag win and could really turn some heads if they’re able to crush the orange and drink in the glory.
- “Gasoline” by Party Favor and Nonsens: For the Kent State/Bowling Greed Anniversary Award Game. It’s a conference game, a rivalry game AND a trophy game. Hard feelings are already in the air, and that’s even before considering the winner will get a leg up in the MAC East.
- “Sweep The Leg” by Family Force Five: For Akron, who will desparate for a win after starting 0-3 this season and face a Troy team in part because of teir former coach’s scheduling habits.
Keep an eye out for next week’s submission theme on our Twitter page @HustleBelt! If you’re looking for some of our other playlists, check out the “Shuffle Belt” section in our website or type “Shuffle Belt” in Spotify!