Bryant Koback, the six-foot, 193 lb. running back from Holland, Ohio, was named the Hustle Belt Player of the Week by a pretty solid majority for Week 5 thanks to his performance agaisnt Colorado State in Toledo’s thirilling victory over the Rams on the road.
Time to vote for Week 4's POTW!— Hustle Belt (@HustleBelt) September 24, 2019
* Bryant Koback: 20 touches, 236 yards, four total touchdowns
* Joey Banks: 6 solo tackles, 46-yard pick-six
* Jacques Bristol: 3 tackles, 1.5 TKL, 1 sack, fumble recovered, safety
* Dustin Crum: 26-of-31, 310 yards, 3 TDs
Koback had 19 rushes for 228 yards and three touchdowns on the ground, including a long run of 75 yards, along with an eight-yard touchdown reception to lift the Rockets over the Rams by a final score of 41-35.
The game helped propel the Rockets to a 2-1 record overall, and entreched them firmly as the best team in our MAC Power Rankings. KOback proved to be a dependable back for Toledo, doing most of his damage in the third quarter, when he picked up all three of his rushing touchdowns to keep Toledo judt ahead of a surging Rams offense.
Koback is the fourth MAC West player to get POTW honors in our polls, and also the first non-quarterback to do so this year. He’s the second to do his work agaisnt an FBS;level squad as well.
On the year, Koback, a former transfer from Kentucky, has 363 yards on 45 rushes with five touchdowns on the ground, to go with his lone eight-yard reception for a touchdown.
The 2019 Hustle Belt Player of the Week Award List
- Week 1: Jon Wassink, QB, WMU (20-of-25, 368 yards, five touchdowns vs. Monmouth)
- Week 2: Drew Plitt, QB, Ball State (32-of-40, 439 yards, six touchdowns vs. Fordham)
- Week 3: Mike Glass III, QB, EMU (23-of-36, 316 yards, three touchdowns vs. Illinois)
- Week 4: Bryant Koback, RB, Toledo (20 touches, 236 yards, four total touchdowns vs. Colorado State)