Team Commitments (per 247Sports)
Bad tidings for Bowling Green this week, as one of its July commits Zachary Barlev decommited, while Ball State picked up a three-star recruit in Rico Barfield. Also making additions this week are Buffalo and Western Michigan.
- Akron: 8 commits
- Ball State: 14 commits, four in July (Rico Barfield, Kiael Kelly, Vaughn Pemberton, Jordan Marshall, Jackson Wiegold)
- Bowling Green: 9 commits, one in July (Jamal Johnson)
- Buffalo: 18 commits, four in July (Ali Fisher, Rowan McGwin, Michael Washington, Gavin Bartholomew)
- Central Michigan: 12 commits, one in July (Caden DeWald)
- Eastern Michigan: 4 commits
- Kent State: 11 commits, one in July (Shane Slattery)
- Miami: 18 commits, two in July (Jaymar Mundy, Malik Verdon)
- Northern Illinois: 15 commits, one in July (Ty Miles)
- Ohio: 5 commits, two in July (Navell Chopin, Miles Cross)
- Toledo: 18 commits
- Western Michigan: 17 commits, four in July (Henry Wilson, Zach Vode, Jaden Williams, Corey Walker)
Recruiting Battle to Watch
For this week’s recruiting battle, we’re going to the offensive line to take a look at Kaden Rogers, offensive guard out of Ross High School in Hamilton, Ohio. Rogers boasts a whopping 23 offers, including ones from Akron, Ball State, Buffalo, CMU, EMU, Kent State, Miami, Ohio, Toledo, and Western Michigan. He has the ideal frame to enter into a college strength and conditioning program at 6’4” and 275 lbs., and he has a great motor and is athletic for his size (as you can see in his Hudl tape). If he’s able to get proficient with hand placement and overall technique, he can be a highly effective offensive lineman at the next level.
Fire Recruiting Graphic of the Week
NIU continues to have a strong graphic game in today’s Graphic of the Week. You got your slogan and the stadium background, but putting those pictures in the player had to have been a lot of work. As always, feel free to submit nominees for Graphic of the Week to @MAC__Crootin.