Team Commitments (per 247Sports)
Despite the cancellation of the MAC football season, the recruiting trail is very much alive as we had a lot of activity in the conference this week. We saw a decommitment from CMU, 6’2”, 209 lbs. DE Terran Hearn committing to Miami, three recruits make a committment to NIU, 6’4”, 235 lbs. TE Lennard Kuhl committing to Toledo, and 6’3”, 205 lbs. ATH Jelani Willis committing to WMU.
- Akron: 8 commits
- Ball State: 15 commits, one in August (Thailand Baldwin)
- Bowling Green: 10 commits
- Buffalo: 18 commits
- Central Michigan: 11 commits
- Eastern Michigan: 4 commits
- Kent State: 11 commits
- Miami: 19 commits, one in August (Terran Hearn)
- Northern Illinois: 19 commits, three in August (Akanimo Asuquo, Makhi Nelson-Douglas, Drew Hoth)
- Ohio: 5 commits
- Toledo: 19 commits, one in August (Lennard Kuhl)
- Western Michigan: 18 commits, one in August (Jelani Willis)
Recruiting Battle to Watch
For this week’s recruiting battle, we go to the middle of the defense as Hilliard Darby’s Connor Jones has caught the attention of several MAC schools with his LB play. The Ohio product has 14 offers, including ones from Akron, Ball State, Bowling Green, Buffalo, Eastern Michigan, Miami, Ohio, Toledo, and Western Michigan. As you can see on his Hudl film, he has great ball skills to go with great burst to ballcarriers. He’ll have to add muscle to be an inside backer at the next level, but he has all the tools to be successful in college.
Fire Recruiting Graphic of the Week
Miami has another strong entry for Graphic of the Week. Matching the red sky with the front of Yager Stadium makes for an image that really stands out. As always, feel free to submit nominees for Graphic of the Week to @MAC__Crootin.