It’s been another exciting week of MAC Women’s Basketball once again, and now every team is eligible for consideration in the MAC Tournament, with Kent State finally reaching the double-digit game mark to meet the minimum standard for win percentage purposes.
We’ve had a couple of games go down to the wire. We’ve seen some games that were blow outs. And if you’re a fan of the Eagles... well, you haven’t seen any games. So let’s see how things went down.
Games over the week saw:
- Central Michigan beat Miami by a score of 81-78. This game featured two of the league’s juggernauts in Micaela Kelly and Peyton Scott. The Chippewas were led by Micaela Kelly and her 37 points. The Redhawks by Peyton Scott and her 31 points. The Chippewas had a last minute rally to pull off the win and keep pace in the conference race.
- Buffalo had little trouble beating Toledo by a score of 82-73. The Bulls were lead by Dyaisha Fair with 29 points. The Rockets were led by Quinesha Lockett and her 21 points.
- It took a last second three-pointer for Bowling Green to defeat Kent State with a final score of 80-79. The Falcons were led by Lexi Fleming and Nyla Hampton with 15 points each. The Golden Flashes were led by Nila Blackford with 23 points.
- Ohio powered their way to a win over Ball State by a score of 88-66. The Bobcats leading scorer was Cierra Hooks with 22 points. The Cardinals were led by Ella Skeens with 13 points.
- Western Michigan triumphed over Akron by a final score of 74-66. The Zips were led by Jordan Dawson with 20 points and the Broncos were led by Taylor Williams with 21 points.
- The Eastern Michigan versus Northern Illinois game was postponed.
Saturday’s games were just as exciting.
- A last second pair of free throws by Oshlynn Brown led to Ball State winning over Miami. The Cardinals were led by Brown’s 27 points, and the Redhawks were led by Peyton Scott with 39 points.
- Central Michigan found themselves over Kent State by a score of 84-71, to narrow the gap in the conference table. The Golden Flashes were led by Katie Shumate with 17 points. The Chippewas were once again led by Micaela Kelly with 35 points.
- Ohio had little trouble with Western Michigan, as they cruised to a 74-52 victory. The Bobcats were led by Cierra Hooks with 29 points and the Broncos were led by Sydney Shafer with 14 points.
- Northern Illinois squeezed by Buffalo with a final score of 81-75. The leading scorer for the Bulls was Dyaisha Fair with 18 points. The Huskies were led by Chelby Koker with 20 points.
- Toledo emerged victorious over Akron by a score of 75-62. The leading Rocket was Quinesha Lockett with 26 points. The Zips were led by Jordyn Dawson with 20 points.
- The Eastern Michigan versus Bowling Green game was postponed.
This week has several games of notes on the calendar, with Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday set to host games as of current, due to various postponements from previous weeks being made up.
Wednesday’s games include: Miami at Toledo, Kent State at Western Michigan, Central Michigan at Bowling Green and Ball State at Toledo.
Saturday’s games include Buffalo at Ball State and NIU at Kent State, while Sunday will see Toledo at Eastern Michigan and NIU vs. Kent State.