With four more weeks of basketball, the Road to Cleveland is looking a little clearer (for me, it is either Ohio 2 or I-80). So let’s get into the scores.
Tuesday night’s games saw the following results:
- Northern Illinois downed Bowling Green by a score of 79-78 in a close battle. The Falcons were led by Lexi Fleming with 22 points. The Huskies were led by Chelby Koker with 15 points.
- Ball State beat Central Michigan by a final score of 69 to 66. The Cardinals leading scorer was Oshlynn Brown with 25 points. The Chippewas were led by Molly Davis with 24 points.
- Ohio defeated Kent State by a final score of 85 to 70. The Bobcats were led by Cierra Hooks with 29 points and the Golden Flashes were led by Katie Shumate with 22 points.
- Miami tamed Western Michigan by a final score of 73 to 65. The RedHawks were led by Peyton Scott with 37 points. The Broncos leading scorer was Sydney Shafer with 23 points.
- Buffalo zipped Akron by a final score of 77 to 55. The Bulls leading scorer was Dyaisha Fair with 24 points. The Zips leading player was Jordyn Dawson with 16 points.
- The Eastern Michigan and Toledo game was postponed.
Saturday night’s result included the following results:
- Miami found themselves vanquished at the hand of Kent State by a final score of 71 to 69. The RedHawk finder of the basket was Peyton Scott with 34 points and the leading bucket dropper for the Golden Flashes was Nila Blackford with 23 points.
- Bowling Green nipped Ohio by a score of 69 to 53. Elissa Brett had 23 points for the Falcons and Madi Mace had 13 for the Bobcats.
- In a cross-state rivalry match, Western Michigan found itself on the short side of Central Michigan by a final score of 74 to 71. The Chippewas were led again by Molly Davis with 27 points. The Broncos had two leading scorers, with Reilly Jacobson and Sydney Shafer each with 19 points.
- It took extra time for Akron to defeat Ball State, as the Zips defeated the Cardinals 89-84. The Zips were led by an amazing performance by Joydyn Dawson with 39 points. The Cardinals were led by Oshlynn Brown with 29 points.
- The EMU at Buffalo game was postponed.
For more information regarding the outlook for the women’s basketball tourney, check out our Chase for Cleveland update, which published Tuesday afternoon.
The schedule for the upcoming week includes:
- NIU vs. EMU
- CMU vs. Miami
- BGSU vs. Kent State
- Ohio vs. Ball State
- Buffalo vs. Toledo
- Akron vs. WMU
- Kent State vs. CMU
- BGSU vs. EMU
- Ball State vs. Miami
- Buffalo vs. NIU
- WMU vs. Ohio
- Toledo vs. Akron