The Western Michigan Broncos and Buffalo Bulls met on Sunday morning for a Mid-American Conference match in men’s tennis, with the Broncos continuing their tear through the MAC with a 6-1 win over the visiting Bulls.
It was quick work in the doubles category, with WMU’s Peter Kuszynski and Joaquin Caballer winning the no.3 doubles match to start the day, besting Buffalo’s pairing of Finn Macnamara and Tom Owen by a 6-0 margin. WMU also took home the no.2 doubles point with Zac Faveri and Jannik Opitz w a 6-4 victory over Buffalo’s pairing of Simon Wibler and Valdemar Holm.
WMU’s lone loss of the day was in no.4 singles, with Jackson Boone suffering a 6-4, 3-6, 0-1 (10-8) loss to Buffalo’s Holm.
Other scores include:
- Opitz def. Bjoern Peterson 6-3, 6-2 at no. 1 singles.
- Kuszynski def. Matthew Johnson 6-3, 6-4 at no. 2 singles.
- Arjun Honnappa def. Wilbur 6-2, 6-3 at no.5 singles, clinching the overall victory for WMU.
- Brogan Pierce def. Greg Hastings 6-3, 7-5 at no.6 singles.
- Fynn Lohse def. Macnamara with a 7-6 (7-2), 6-3 at no.3 singles.
WMU moves to 15-1 (3-0 MAC) with the win, while Buffalo falls to 3-3 (1-2 MAC.)