We here at Hustle Belt previously reported that Ikeem Allen, a two-star defensive tackle from Mallard Creek High School in Charlotte, North Carolina, flipped his verbal from Ball State to Toledo, where he joined his teammate Cam Mattison, who enrolled early. But Allen didn't stick at Toledo. Like 18-year-olds are wont to do sometimes, he was a bit indecisive. As first reported by Rivals, Allen kept taking visits after committing, and Toledo coach Matt Campbell didn't like that. So Toledo pulled its offer.
The message board scuttlebutt is that Toledo specifically didn't like Allen visiting Miami. But things worked out for Allen, who verbaled to the RedHawks after that no-no visit:
Ikeem Allen, a talented 6'1, 295lb DefTackle from Mallard Creek (Charlotte, NC) committed to #MiamiOH this week. Had offers from whole MAC.
— Adam Dietrich (@RedHawkInsider) January 30, 2014
In addition to offers from the "whole MAC," Allen also had offers from Georgia State and a number of FCS schools. He helped lead Mallard Creek to the class 4A state title last season, where he was named Defensive MVP of the game and later to the All-State team. He recorded 89 tackles, 41 tackles for a loss, 13 sacks, five forced fumbles, and an interception in 2013.
- 2014 Akron Football Recruiting: 2-Star OT Scott Boyett Commits To Zips
- 2014 Eastern Michigan Recruiting: CB Tim Gordon Commits to EMU
- Hustle Belt MAC Men's Basketball Player's of the Week: Week 12
- 2014 Toledo Football Recruiting: 3-Star CB Dedric Brinson Commits To Rockets
- MAC Women's Basketball Weekend Roundup: February 1st-2nd