The Central Michigan Chippewas have a decent incoming class of 2014 adding 17 players on National Signing Day.
A Couple Names Worth Mentioning:
Receiving three stars from both 247sports and Scout.com, Alex Neering is probably the highest-rated prospect in this class. From Essexville, Mich., Neering is listed a 6'6" and weighs 230 lbs.. Great size for a defensive end, and that's half the battle when it comes to recruiting. The few highlight tapes online won't blow you away with his athletic ability. Not the greatest posture or first-step ability, but that's all very coachable. Chippewa fans should be hopeful that he's put on a few pounds of muscle since the end of last season, which would add onto his potential.
Another defensive end that will don the maroon and gold is Nate Brisson-Fast. Measured at 6'5", 235 lbs., the notes are about the same as Neering. Unlike 247sports, Scout.com has Brisson-Fast as a three-star prospect. Saying, "Well, at least he has great size" is probably a common takeaway when watching his highlights. But as I've already said, his flaws are very coachable.
Other prospects receiving three stars from Scout.com are cornerback Amari Coleman and punter Cooper Mojsiejenko.
Dan Enos doesn't have the sexiest recruiting class, but at least they're not Akron. Mediocre is a fair word to sum up this recruiting class. 17 players, and, for the most part, are pretty good size-wise. The defensive line is tall and lengthy that needs to spend a few extra hours in the weight room, but that's nothing to really complain about. As I've said before in our podcast, scouting is strength in numbers. Fair-sized class, including a pair of defensive ends with good predictability.
- Western Michigan 2014 National Signing Day Results: Broncos Haul In Historic Class
- The Adjustment Bureau: Line Drills Talks Mid-Season Adjustments and Picks for Wednesday, February 5
- 2014 National Signing Day Live Chat: Let's Talk Mid-American Conference Football Recruitng
- 2014 Recruiting: Eastern Michigan Lands In-State DE Lion King Conway
- 2014 Northern Illinois Football Recruiting: 3-Star CB Deion Hallmon Chooses Huskies