Although we don't get invited to participate in the MAC's preseason poll for basketball, we figured we would throw together a little poll of our staff. We were able to cobble together eight writers' polls and here are the results:
1. Akron Zips - 46 points (6 first-place votes)
2. Ohio Bobcats - 41 points (2)
3. Bowling Green Falcons - 28 points
4. Kent State Golden Flashes - 24 points
5. Buffalo Bulls - 21 points
6. Miami RedHawks - 8 points
1. Toledo Rockets - 44 points (5 first-place votes)
2. Western Michigan Broncos - 41 points (2)
3. Eastern Michigan Eagles - 29 points (1)
4. Northern Illinois Huskies - 26 points
5. Central Michigan Chippewas - 19 points
6. Ball State Cardinals - 8 points
MAC Champions: Toledo (4), Akron (3), Eastern Michigan (1)
So, it looks like the top of the division are semi-easy to figure out and everyone agrees on the bottom teams. The middle? That's another story.
What are your projections for the upcoming season?