The past three years I have focused on Ohio Bobcats athletics in my role at Hustle Belt. Now, with a a real-life adult job that doesn't allow me to be in Ohio Bobcat circles outside of social media, I'm doing my best to stay involved and in-touch with MAC sports.
As some folks know about me, I'm all about college shooty hoops, specifically mid-major hoops.
The MAC is a great example of a conference that is generally not all that great, and is plenty endearing despite that.
It gives me joy to start writing a piece each week about things I've observed from the play of Mid-American Conference teams. So come here on Tuesday's for that.
With this coming weekend's slate of games approaching rapidly, I sit giddily in front of my computer, as ready for college basketball season as I have been for anything in recent memory.
There's oh so many things at the tip of the tongue that I could touch on, but the opening weekend of games will tell us more than I can probably say in one post.
MAC teams starting play Friday include:
- Miami, who plays host to Muskingum
- Eastern Michigan, who treks to Pittsburgh
- Bowling Green who flies over to face the Grizzlies of Oakland
- Northern Illinois aims to bark up the right tree in a home contest with the Indiana State Sycamores
- Central Michigan brings to town IU-Kokomo
- Marygrove College comes to Western Michigan
- Ball State flocks to St. Louis to face the Billikens
- Buffalo aims not to fall at Niagara
- Southern comes north to Ohio
- Kent State sets sail to the Beeghly center in Youngstown to face off with Cleveland State
- Toledo aims to squash some Brotherly love at St. Joes
- Akron faces off with an upstart Youngstown State squad in the Beeghly Center
- Eastern aims to get Moody at SMU
- While BG travels to South Dakota
- Buffalo takes a swipe at 7th-ranked Xavier
- Roosevelt takes on NIU
- The Bobcats host Sam Houston State
- Western Michigan becomes the second MAC team to face the Grizzlies this weekend
- CMU goes to Tennessee Tech