The return of college football is so close it hurts. However, MAC Media Day will take place on Wednesday and that will have to tide us over in the meantime.
Recently, each team's representatives were announced and there are a lot of familiar names.
Before we get into the rankings, here are some of my overall tidbits on the representatives:
- 3 non-QB's spent their high school days under center (LB Austin Valdez, RB Jordan Johnson, and S Tony Annese)
- Kent State's Demetrius Monday chose the Flashes over 2 reported SEC offers (Ole Miss and Mississippi State)
- CMU and EMU are the only schools with representatives who played high school football in the same state
- The state of Michigan produced the most MAC Media Day representatives (4)
- Only four players out of the twenty-four were not ranked out of high school
- EMU and Miami kept things bland this year as they are the only two programs sending two lineman
|Rank||Hustle Belt Staff||247Sports Recruiting Rankings|
1. Toledo: RB Kareem Hunt and DB DeJuan Rogers
T-2. CMU: QB Cooper Rush and S Tony Annese
T-2. WMU: WR Corey Davis and QB Zach Terrell
4. Bowling Green: QB James Knapke and LB Austin Valdez
5. NIU: QB Drew Hare and DB Shawun Lurry
6. Ball State: WR KeVonn Mabon and LB Sean Wiggins
7. Kent State: S Nate Holley and DB Demetrius Monday
8. Akron: QB Tommy Woodson and DB DeAndre Scott
9. Ohio: WR Jordan Reid and DL Casey Sayles
10. EMU: DL Pat O'Connor and OL Cole Gardner
11. Buffalo: RB Jordan Johnson and DB Boise Ross
12. Miami: OL Collin Buchanan and DE JT Jones
In the staff rankings, it seems that Miami and EMU were penalized heavily for bringing two lineman, WMU received a nice boost for the caliber of offensive talent it will be showcasing on Wednesday. Kent State surprisingly has a top four ranking as far as recruiting goes, however our staff was not too high on their players.
Make sure you're following @HustleBelt on Twitter over the next few days for in-depth coverage on MAC Media Day.