Jordan Lynch has continued to pile up the accolades, and for good reason. Besides the fact that he was just named the MAC's Offensive Player of the Year, made the All-MAC first team, won the Vern Smith Leadership Award (all for the second year in a row) and is a serious contender for the Heisman Trophy, people have decided that those honors are not enough. The Walter Camp Player of the Year Award Finalists were released on Wednesday and guess who was among the five finalists. That's right...
Joining the Huskie are four players from power conferences: quarterbacks AJ McCarron of Alabama, Johnny Manziel of Texas A&M, Jameis Winston of Florida State, and running back Andre Williams of Boston College.
The Walter Camp Player of the Year Award is an annual award voted on by every head coach and sports information director in the FBS. The winner will be announced Thursday, December 12 live on the 6 pm (5 central) edition of SportsCenter on ESPN.
Learn more about the award and the finalist here.
- Huskie Safety Jimmy Ward's Star Shines Brightest At MAC Championship Presser
- Hustle Belt Predicts the 2013 Mid-American Conference Championship Game
- Ranking the Best Mid-American Conference Football Championship Games
- MAC Championship Game History, Part IV: Huskies Dominate
- How To Watch the 2013 MAC Championship Game, No. 14 Northern Illinois vs Bowling Green: Gametime, TV, Streaming